Vegan hot chocolate is the little wonder of winter nights. It’s sweet, comforting, easy to do, it has a special flavour and, when choosing the right recipe, can also be very healthy.
Therefore, if you also would want a delicious hot cocoa recipe, here’s below how I do it. It is nothing fancy or extravagant, but a simple and healthy recipe I recommend you to do.
My hot chocolate recipe – dairy, gluten, egg, soy, sugar free version
As many of you know, I try to keep a healthy diet due to endometriosis. Even if it might seem a restrictive way of life, it is not so. The next recipe will prove it.
The quality of the ingredients counts a lot so pay attention to this too.
As with cocoa powder, I buy only organic one. The same happens if I want to opt for carob powder.
1 cup coconut/almond milk (200 ml)
1 teaspoon cocoa powder or carob powder
1 teaspoon sweetener (optional)
1. Put on the heat, in a coffee pot ¼ of the coconut milk cup.
2. In a cup, add a little bit of sweetener (I use 1 teaspoon of milk) and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder or carob powder. Keep in mind that the carob powder is sweeter than the cocoa powder so, if you choose it, don’t add (too much) sweetener.
3. When the milk reaches the boiling point take off the heat and pour the milk over cocoa powder. Mix very, very well, till the cocoa and the sweetener are melted.
4. I follow this step because I don’t want the cocoa to be raw, but a little bit “processed” by that boiling milk.
5. Then, put the rest of the milk in the coffee pot and warm up.
6. Afterwards, pour the milk in the cup with the hot cocoa and mix it very well.
7. As I do not eat soy, dairy or sugar, I don’t have a topping, it is healthier like this.
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!
This is my vegan hot chocolate healthy recipe. It is not hard to do, it is not fancy, does not have complex, spectacular toppings, but believe me it is very tasty. Besides, it can be enjoyed also by people like me who keep a diet without gluten, dairy, soy or processed sugar.