I prepare this stuffed apple recipe when I want something sweet, yet quick and simple for me and my family. It’s easy to do, it’s healthy and my kids adore this dessert.
Stuffed apples recipe – a great choice for the Holiday season
You can do this stuffed baked apple recipe anytime, but I have to admit it is quite extraordinary especially during the Holiday season. Adding some extra ingredients that “fit” the winter time gives more flavour and originality to the baked apples.
Stuffed baked apple recipe – what ingredients you need?
As I have told you before in my recipes, you need some “basic” ingredients, but you can choose “your favourites”. Let your creativity “work” so try to give a personal touch to the recipe, adding some other ingredients.
Below you have mine and the way I do this recipe. It is enough just to draw the general “map” of this stuffed apple recipe.
READ ALSO "ROASTED PUMPKIN DESSERT"
7 apples (I had red apples)
2 cups of walnuts (chopped up, but not too much)
¼ cup coconut oil
honey (only if you do not use dry fruits or dates)
Cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon is the best)
sugar free jam (optional)
dry fruits or dates (optional)
1. Wash the apples and take out the core (the seeds but also that inside flesh). I like to take out the seeds and that harder part, but to leave more of the flesh.
2. I cut the walnuts into smaller and larger parts and then I mix them with 1-2 teaspoons of honey, ¼ cup of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
3. Sometimes, I add in this mixture the flesh of the apple.
4. I mix it well and I add it into the apples.
5. I line a tray with baking paper, place the apples on it and put in the oven.
6. I leave it there for about 30 minutes – I like the apples to be very well done. This way, the apples are sweeter and the nuts have that great roasted taste.
7. As this recipe is very versatile, you can also add in the mixture oatmeal, sugar free jam or dry fruits. If you would like to use dry fruits or sweeter fruits, such as dates, do not add honey anymore.
READ ALSO "QUINOA DESSERT"
My stuffed apple recipe is simple, has a nice touch and is perfect for the whole family. Here, in Oman, the weather is different from Romania, but I can only imagine it is wonderful to eat some hot stuffed baked apples in the long cold winter evenings.