One of the most delicious fish foods, for this spicy fish brine you don’t need a lot of ingredients, but you do have to know the right directions for preparing it. Fish brine can be made from fish like bream, carp, crucian carp, salmon or even trout. The next recipe can be adapted for each of the above fish, but not only.
Fish brine – what are the nutritious properties of bream fish?
For this particular recipe we used bream fish. One file of bream (100-130 g) contains 117 calories, 24 proteins, 563 Omega 3, but also vitamins and minerals such as: vitamin A (43.00 UI), vitamin B3 (2.20 mg), vitamin B8 (choline) (81.00 mg), calcium (18 mg), magnesium (58 mg), phosphor (289 mg), potassium (344 mg), selenium (58 mg) etc.
1 fish (in this case bream)
1 red bell pepper
1 cayenne peper
2 teaspoons of salt + ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vinegar (optional)
finely chopped parsley
1. If the fish is not already cleaned from the fishery, clean the fish in the interior (so do not take off the scales). Salt it, using about 2 teaspoons of salt: salt both sides, on the inside and the fish gills. Leave in a bowl for at least 1 hour and at most for 7-8 hours (it can stay in the fridge overnight).
2. Then, place it on a hot grill and leave it until golden brown on both sides. Next to it, on the grill, also put 2 tomatoes and 1 bell pepper. When you turn around the fish, do it with the “belly” down because this way it will be drained the liquid from the inside of the fish (collected from the salt and heat).
3. When it is ready, take out on a larger bowl and pour over it, to cover, boiled water (you should have it prepared, in a small pot). Cover the bowl and leave like that for 10-15 minutes, while you are preparing the brine.
4. Prepare the brine: peel the 2 tomatoes, cut into small slices, together with the grilled bell pepper too. Add those in a larger bowl. Over it, add also 1-2 cups of that water in which the fish is staying at the moment.
5. Take a cayenne pepper, cut into half, clean off the seeds and use ½ of it (more or less, as you wish). Finely chop the half of the cayenne pepper and add in that bowl with tomatoes and bell pepper. Afterwards, add over these ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of vinegar (optional) and finely chopped parsley.
6. Mix very well and taste: if it is necessary, add more boiled water from that fish bowl, or add more salt, or more cayenne pepper etc.
7. When the brine is ready, move the fish into this bowl. The fish must be covered by this brine.
8. Fish brine, in general, and also this bream fish brine is perfect with polenta. Here you can find our recipe of gluten free polenta.
The fish brine goes best with white, dry wine
Because a tasty dish goes must be accompanied by a good wine, you should know that fish brine suits most a white, dry wine most.