Roasted peppers salad is one of my favourite salads: simple, easy to do and very tasty on its own but also together with some other foods.
Roasted Peppers Salad – what ingredients do you need
For more taste, the roasted peppers salad should be prepared from kapia bell peppers or red bigger round bell peppers (Capsicum annuum), but this recipe is great also if you use all types of bell peppers, yellow or red. Other than that, you don’t need too many ingredients. Another important thing is with what you associate the salad.
10 bell peppers
3 tablespoons of coarse salt
bio apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons of honey /1 teaspoon of sugar/stevia extract/maple syrup
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon olive oil
1. Take 10 bell peppers and clean them very well with a towel.
2. Put them on the grill, to roast. From time to time, turn them over in order to roast on all sides.
3. When they are ready, put them in another large saucepan and sprinkle over them 3 tablespoons of coarse salt. Cover the pan and leave like this 10-15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, take them out and start to peel. Pay attention, even if during this time you will wash your hands, you do not have to wet the peppers because they will lose from their taste.
5. You can leave the roasted bell peppers like this or you can eat them in strips, so you take out the core and the seeds.
6. Afterwards, put the roasted peppers strips into a bowl.
7. Now, it is time to prepare the liquid for the roasted peppers salad: in another bowl mix one part apple cider vinegar, 2-3 parts water, 2 teaspoons of honey or another sweetener, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of oil (I used olive oil).
8. Mix it very well and add this liquid over the peppers.
9. Taste a little bit and, if necessary, add more water, vinegar or sweetener.
10. Serve the roasted peppers salad in diverse combinations. The quantity from above can be kept for a week – keep the salad (peppers and liquid too) in the fridges, stored in tightly closed jars.
A tasty snack with roasted peppers salad
You can enjoy this roasted peppers salad with more consistent dishes, such as fried chicken, but or you can choose to associate it with easier snacks. A great idea would be to pair this salad with some walnuts and an avocado.
Breakfast with roasted peppers salad
The other days, I prepared a hearty breakfast, and one of the ingredients was roasted bell peppers salad. I ate it with 2 hard-boiled eggs, ½ avocado and ½ grated carrot (with a drop of olive oil and apple cider vinegar). This combination is great!
Roasted peppers salad can be one of your culinary assets. It’s easy to do, does not require too much ingredients and it is very versatile. All you have to do is try it and see what “the winning combinations” are for you.