Fish recipes are almost always, simple, fast and delicious. Anyone, no matter how novice in the kitchen, can prepare fish recipes, including our grilled trout recipe.
Grilled trout with roast potatoes – an amazing dish with such few ingredients
Today’s recipe is the proof that you can have a tasty dish with only two main ingredients: trout and potatoes. Trout is an important source of folate, vitamin D, Omega 3, vitamin B12 and proteins, so doctors recommend us 2-3 servings of trout a week.
Studies showed that a diet rich in trout can help the cardiovascular system, improves memory and the cognitive function
Moreover, due to its nutritive qualities, trout should be included in the diet of athletes or of those who regularly train. As it is low in mercury, trout is a “health fish”, recommended even for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Grilled trout with roast potatoes – what ingredients do you need
For the cabbage salad:
fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
1. If the trout is not cleaned from the fishery, clean in the interior, wash it and add on it salt: on the outside and on the inside, including inside the gills.
2. Put it on a plate and put in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before adding it on the grill.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes: take 5 big potatoes, wash it and put them to boil, in cold water, to cover.
4. They should be ready in about 10 minute so when they are tender, take them out, leave a little to cool and peel them afterwards. Add salt, pepper and sprinkle olive oil.
5. Put on the grill the potatoes and the trout.
6. You have to turn around the potatoes and the trout to be evenly cooked on both sides.
7. Take them out and put on a plate when they are golden brown.
Enjoy this grilled trout with cabbage salad
The best “salad pairings” for the grilled trout is the cabbage salad. You can prepare it very easy: just take ½ cabbage, finely chop, add ½ teaspoon of salt and knead it with your hands to be juicier, put it in a large bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and finely chopped fresh dill.
This type of dish, with grilled trout, goes well with a glass of good wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Gris.