Yesterday I went to the fishery and I bought two sea breams, one of my favourite fish. As I was in a hurry, I decided to cook it on the grill and to associate it with a tasty, simple and healthy fod with tomatoes and other vegetables.
Below you have my grilled sea bream recipe, but first let me tell you something about sea bream properties.
Sea bream is high in proteins, phosphorus, vitamin B6 and vitamin B3
Sea bream lives in the Mediterranean Sea and its properties recommend it in many health problems. For example, phosphorus promotes healthy bones, vitamin B6 lowers inflammation, helps in arthritis and asthma symptoms and vitamin B3 strenghens our immune system.
Besides, as sea bream is low in fats, it is also recommended in weight loss plans.
Grilled Sea Bream with Vegetables Recipe – what ingredients do you need?
I chose to cook the sea bream with a food made from different vegetables, but tomatoes are the main ingredients. Here are all the ingredients I used for this delicious recipe.
1 sea bream
1/2 red bell pepper
½ grated carrot
½ carrot cut into rounds
1. First, take the sea bream, clean it inside (if it is not cleaned from the fishery), wash it very well with cold water and salt it with 1 teaspoon of salt.
2. Place it on a plate and put it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
3. After this timeframe, take it out, wash it again, salt, pepper and put it on a grill.
4. I chose not to place the seam bream directly on the grill, but to cut some squash into rounds and then to place the fish on them. This way, there’s no risk of burning or sticking to the grill.
5. Then, start to prepare the vegetables: wash, peel and finely chop the tomatoes, wash and grate the carrot and, the other half, cut into rounds, wash and finely chop the bell pepper.
6. Put them all in a pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook them like that and, if necessary, add a little bit of cold water.
7. Let them boil for 10 minutes, not too much.
8. When the fish is ready, place it on a plate and serve with that tomatoes stew and polenta. Polenta is a great bread replacer, with no gluten or fancy ingredients. Here you can see the recipe.
Sea bream is great with crisp, white wines
This recipe and other ones with sea bream could be accompanied especially with white wines. For example, you can choose between Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay or Pinot Gris.