Grilled salmon is very easy to cook and, of course, it is also very delicious. Yet, it gets fade if we do not associate it with the right dish. For the days you want grilled salmon, but you know you need to come with a special and tasty addition, here’s our grilled salmon with quinoa and vegetables recipe.
Salmon is one of the healthiest fish: it contains fat acids Omega 3 and it is a great source of vitamins and minerals
A serve of 100 g grilled salmon contains 22 g proteins, 155 calories, 24 g folate, 2.6 mcg vitamin B12, 0.8 mg vitamin B6, but also minerals which are important for our health: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and selenium.
Quinoa came more recently into our attention, but the ancient Incas named it “the mother of all cereals”
Quinoa is originary from Peru and Chile and there the quinoa plantations were considered to be sacred. Today this pseudo-cereal grows almost everywhere in the world, from Holland or Belgium to USA or Spain.
There are three varieties of quinoa: white (the most known one), red and black. When you eat a serve of 100 g quinoa you should know it contains 14 g proteins, 63 carbohydrates, but also important minerals and vitamins such as vitamins B-s, choline, vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesiun, manganese, potassium and zinc.
Grilled salmon with quinoa and vegetables – what ingredients do you need?
As the two, salmon and quinoa, are delicious and healthy to, here’s what you need to prepare this special dish with grilled salmon with quinoa and vegetables.
1 piece of salmon
300-400 g quinoa
few celery root rounds
½ yellow bell pepper
½ red bell pepper
½ cup green bean (from a jar or fresh)
1. Wash the salmon, add salt and pepper.
2. Put it on the grill, on several rounds of celery root. This way it will not get burnt at the bottom.
3. Leave it on the grill till it is nicely browned. Do not oil it as salmon is already an oily fish.
4. Meanwhile, cut into small cubes ½ carrot, ½ yellow bell pepper and ½ red bell pepper. Grate the other half of the carrot. Add all the vegetables in a pot, with ½ cup green bean, add a drop of olive oil and 1 cup of warm water. Cover it and let it boil.
5. Then, prepare quinoa: take 1 cup (300 ml), fill it with quinoa and wash it in cold water, very well, helping yourself out by a sieve.
6. Put on the heat a pot with quinoa and 3 cups of water and let it boil until quinoa is tender and absorbed almost all the water.
7. When quinoa is almost done, but there is still some water left, add the above vegetables, drained of water. Mix it all and leave on the heat 5 more minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Put on a plate the grilled salmon and then the mix of quinoa and vegetables. You can also attach to it lemon wedges.
This grilled salmon with quinoa and vegetables recipe is perfect when you don’t have time for fancy recipes, but still want a delicious and healthy dish. In this vegetables mix you can add any other vegetable as quinoa is very versatile and it is as tasty in plenty of other combinations.
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!