From time to time, I also buy salmon from the supermarket and, for me, the most delicious one is salmon. I am trying not to do that too often, but when I cannot go to my favourite fishery from Timisoara, Romania, Solzi, I use to buy salmon from Lidl.
Yet, I always like to find a delicious combination and the final dish is always a success.
The other day I saw in the supermarket brown mushrooms, they were looking quite well, seemed fresh, so I said to myself I can combine the two, salmon and mushrooms, for a delicious dish. Below you have the ingredients and how I cooked the salmon and the mushrooms.
Grilled salmon with mushrooms and tomato sauce – what ingredients do you need
1 piece of salmon
10-20 brown or white mushrooms
1. Wash the salmon, add salt, pepper and put it on the grill. Leave for 30-35 minute or until golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, peel the mushrooms, wash and cut in 4.
3. Add them in a pan with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover and let them boil. The mushrooms will melt a little and leave their own water so it is not necessary for you to add cold water.
4. Wash and peel the tomatoes. Finely chop.
5. When the mushrooms are half cooked, add the tomatoes, add salt and leave to cook together for 5-10 more minutes.
6. When they are ready, turn off the heat. At that moment, I did not have in the house parsley, but it is great to also add finely chopped parsley.
7. Serve together: the salmon with this stew of mushrooms and tomatoes. It’s delicious!
As our salmon is grilled, so it is also a little bit crispy, you can pair this dish with a glass of Grenache Rose wine, Valpolicella or Lambrusco Rose. On the other hand, due to mushrooms and tomatoes sauce, it would also be a perfect match for a glass of Sherry or Madeira.