Simple dishes are also the tastiest, and our next recipe of green beans with garlic perfectly fits into this category. To prepare it, you only need 6 ingredients and the result is amazing! We recommend you to enjoy this green beans dish with polenta. Here you can find our recipe of gluten free polenta.
Green beans help us losing weight and are also healthy for our bones, immunity and heart
Green bean is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B5, B6, PP, vitamin K, magnesium, iron and potassium. Each and one of these substances is useful for our health, so green bean should be addded in our daily diet.
Rich in proteins, but low in calories, green bean is also helpful for those who want to lose weight, but at the same time they want nutritious and consistent meals.
Green beans with garlic – what ingredients do you need?
500 g green beans (thin green beans)
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of fresh parsley
50 ml olive oil or some other vegetal oil
1. Cut the ends of each green bean and then cut in two if they are too long.
2. Wash the green beans in cold water and leave them in a bowl.
3. In a small pot, boil some water. You will need it afterwards.
4. In a larger pan, add the olive oil, let it heat for about 1-2 minutes and then add the green beans. Mix it and add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 pinch of pepper. Cover and leave it for 2-3 minutes and then start to gradually add the water from the small pot. The beans have to boil in a little bit of water (not to be covered by water).
5. Leave the green beans to boil for about 30 minutes. When they are ready, but before turning off the heat, make a garlic sauce in a bowl: take the cloves, clean, finely chop and crash them. Add a pinch of salt and mix well. Then, add 1 tablespoon of cold water, mix again.
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!
6. Pour this mixture over the green beans from the pot. Turn off the heat immediately.
7. When you serve, decorate with fresh garlic, finely chopped.
It would be great to serve this green beans food with pickles cucumbers and polenta.