Whenever you want a colourful, delicious and, of course, healthy dish, try our recipe of gluten free pasta with shrimps, spinach and avocado.
This fusion of flavours, colours and textures will amaze you, your family, friends and anyone you will invite over to dinner.
The combination between shrimps, spinach and avocado is amazing
Yet, besides this mix, the recipe has some other tips and tricks you need to know in order to have a great food. This dish can be served in two ways, making the results even more interesting.
Gluten Free Pasta with Shrimps, Spinach and Avocado - what ingredients do you need?
For this special recipe, I bought several fresh, delicious ingredients that give a special flavour to the dish. For example, I chose to add some pumpkin in it and also some cubes of avocado. While avocado is a "must", I would say you can choose pumpkin too, or replace it with sweet potato or, if you want, you could cut it off from the ingredients list completely.
20-30 shrimps (not frozen, but pre-cooked shrimps)
1 package of baby spinach (or whatever type of fresh spinach do you find)
1/2 small pumpkin
1/2 package of rice or corn gluten free pasta/spaghetti
1 clove of garlic
½ red bell pepper
1. Wash and clean the shrimps. If you want, you can take off the shell. I chose to take off only the head and to leave the shell as this can give an extra taste to the dish. Yet, it is easier to take off the shell from the very beginning.
2. Make a mixture of a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 clove of garlic, salt and pepper. Put the shrimps into this mixture and leave in the fridge.
3. Afterwards, put a pot with water to boil, cut the pumpkin into small cubes, wash them and, when water reaches the boiling point add the pumpkin. Leave until they are slightly tender.
4. When they are ready, salt, pepper and fry them in a little bit of olive oil until golden brown. Leave aside.
5. Put another pot with water to boil and when it boils, add the baby spinach previously washed in 2-3 waters. Leave for about 10 minute, take it out and finely chop.
6. Then, in a pan, add 1 carrot cut into small cubes, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté a little and, if it is necessary, also add 1/2 cup of cold water.
7. When they are almost ready add over them the spinach. Mix and leave 5 more minutes.
8. In the meantime, put another pot with water to boil and when it reaches the boiling point add 1/2 package of gluten free pasta (this time I had corn gluten free spaghetti, but you could use rice pasta too). Leave until tender, turn off the heat and take out the pasta in a larger bowl.
9. Make another mixture from lemon juice, olive oil and 1/2 clove of garlic. Heat the oil, add the shrimps and then pour this mixture over them. Cook on both sides, until golden brown and then take them out on a plate.
10. With all the ingredients ready, you can now prepare the two dishes: put on a larger plate the shrimps, 1/2 avocado cut into small cubes, the fried pumpkin cubes and the spinach with vegetables.
The other dish, actually the main one, it requires one additional step. Take another pot; add the pasta, the spinach, the pumpkin and the avocado cubes. Besides this, wash a tomato, peel and grate (or finely chop) and add it too in the pot. Mix well and leave on heat 4-5 more minutes.
Then, mix the pasta with the shrimps, add salt and pepper if necessary and serve with lemon wedges. It's delicious!
For more flavour, pair this delicious dish with Italian white wines like Pinot Grigio or Greco di Tufo. As our food also contains garlic, Sauvignon Blanc is also a good idea.