It’s colourful, it’s tasteful, it’s healthy. I am talking about my pasta with shrimps recipe, a solution for the days when you want something delicious and also easy to prepare.
The next shrimp and pasta recipe has a twist you will discover below, a “secret” that makes the recipe even more delicious.
Gluten Free Pasta with Shrimps – what ingredients do you need?
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1 tomato or 1/2 cup of tomato juice
1/2 package of gluten free pasta (I used buckwheat pasta)
1-2 clove of garlic
oil to fry
freshly chopped parsely
READ ALSO "QUERCETIN - BENEFITS FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS, COVID AND OTHER HEALTH ISSUES"
At the beginning of this pasta and shrimps recipe I was talking about a twist, a little secret that gives more flavour to this dish. The way you combine ingredients and especially that vegetable food you prepare first (you will see below) give the food a special taste, a more coloured one, a tastier one so make sure you follow all the recipe’ steps.
1. Put to boil ½ package of gluten free pasta. I used buckwheat pasta. If you know how to make pasta on your own, good for you, I want to learn this, but I didn’t find the courage to start.
2. The pasta should be ready in no more than 10 minutes (pay attention, rice pasta cook even faster and you don’t want pasta that’s too soft).
3. In the meantime, wash and decorticate the shrimps and leave them in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice and 1 clove of garlic.
4. Put into fridge till everything else is ready.
5. Then, finely chop the vegetables: the bell pepper and the carrot, sauté them in a little bit of oil where you also put a bit of garlic and 1 small cup of cold water.
6. When they are almost ready, pour over the tomato juice or 1 tomato peeled and cut into small pieces.
7. Leave 5 more minutes or till they are ready and leave aside.
8. From time to time, check the pasta to see if it is ready.
9. When the pasta is ready - has the texture you wish - turn off the heat, drain the water and put the pasta in a different bowl.
READ ALSO "CAROT DATE ROLLS RECIPE"
10. Then fry the shrimps: heat the oil in a frying pan and then add the shrimps but also that mixture with lemon juice and garlic.
11. Fry both sides and leave them till they are golden brown.
12. In the pan where you cooked that vegetable mixture, add the pasta, stir in till they are warm.
13. Then, as a final step, put it on a plate, add the shrimps over and decorate with freshly chopped parsley.
As simple as that! If you liked my recipe, try it and tell me how was it on our Facebook or Instagram pages where you can follow us for more delicious recipe but also for an Endometriosis Journal and articles about health.