One of the easiest and tastiest veggie soups I cook whenever I want a quick and plant based dish is this creamy vegetable soup. It’s full of flavors, textures, colors and my family loves it.
Creamy vegetable soup is perfect for the “plant based food days”, but it’s also great with meat
This creamy vegetable soup is very versatile. I can cook it if I want a meatless dish or if I am fasting, but I can also prepare it the other days when pairing it with a meat dish is also a great idea.
Creamy vegetable soup – what ingredients do you need and how to prepare it?
1 big potato
½ celery root
2 small onions
1 kapia/red bell pepper
1 small squash (or zucchini if you cannot find squash in your area)
1 parsley root
1/2 cayenne pepper
1. Cut into 2 pieces all the vegetable (except tomatoes and 1/2 of the bell pepper) and put them to boil, in 3 liters of water.
2. Saute the peeled tomatoes and ½ kapia bell pepper in a little bit of oil and then add those over the boiled vegetables.
3. Leave them to boil 3-4 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
4. Put them all in a blender (vegetables and the soup – it won’t be 3 liters anymore, but approximately 1.5 liters), add salt, pepper, thyme (or other condiments you like) and a little bit of cayenne pepper.
5. Blend well and enjoy by itself or in combination with some other dish.
When I prepared this creamy vegetable soup I had in the house 1 chicken breast. I washed it, cut into two pieces and place it in a yena dish; with salt, pepper, olive oil and some “bio chicken condiments” I’ve bought from the health food store.
The result was amazing and in combination with my creamy vegetable soup our meal was perfect.
Some other times I ate this vegetable soup also with some gluten free rice spaghetti. I just boiled them before and then mixed the two, the soup and spaghetti and the main dish was even more interesting.
What spices to use for the best creamy vegetables soup?
This time I didn’t have so many condiments to “spice up” my creamy vegetable soup, but condiments can give a better taste and flavor to any dish, let alone to a veggie soup.
Therefore, the best fresh and dried herbs you can use for a vegetable soup are: oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme or a mix of Italian herbs (I once found such mix at the health food store).
Some other great spices for creamy vegetable soup would be cayenne pepper or curry powder or parmesan if you eat dairy (although you can also find dairy free cashew parmesan).
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!