Easy to cook and very tasty, these chicken meatballs are the ideal food whenever you want something consistent and special.
Chicken meatballs recipe – a versatile dish you can prepare in different ways, adding or cutting out some of the ingredients
For this particular meatballs recipe, we used chicken meat, but you can use another type of meat or, if you would rather prefer the vegetarian meatballs alternative, just replace the meat with some 1-2 more potatoes, keeping the rest of the ingredients. We cooked these chicken meatballs in oil, by frying, but a healthier method would be to bake the meatballs in the oven. You just have to place them on a tray lined with baking paper – all the other stay the same.
What ingredients do you need to prepare this delicious homemade chicken meatballs recipe?
We remind you that for a special flavour, a better taste and a healthier dish, it’s recommended to use only fresh, local, bio foods.
2 chicken breasts – boneless
1 big potato
1-2 teaspoons of gluten free semolina flour (optional)
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 bunch of fresh dill
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped and then crushed (optional)
olive oil for frying or another vegetal oil
1. Wash the chicken breast meat and mince with that special device or just finely chopp it with a knife. Put the meat in a larger bowl.
2. Add over the meat: 1 grated carrot, 1 grated potato (strain it afterwards, before adding in the meat bowl), 1-2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of gluten free semolina flour (optional – this particular dish, from the photo, is without semolina), 1 bunch of parsley and 1 bunch of dill finely chopped, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 pinch of pepper and, optional, 4 cloves of garlic, chopped and then crushed a little (we didn’t add garlic in this meatballs recipe, but the garlic gives a better taste to this food so, if you tolerate garlic, add it here too).
3. Mix the composition for this chicken meatballs recipe very well and put in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
4. Then, prepare a pan (not very large) and you have to be prepared with 100-200 ml olive oil for frying or just another vegetal oil.
5. After 10 minutes, take out the meatballs composition and prepare a wooden board: sprinkle it with a little bit of oil and put next to it a small cup with oil.
6. Start forming the chicken meatballs: take a little bit of the meat composition, soak your fingers in that oil from the small cup and shape the meatballs: round or flat, in an oval form. Shape, squeeze a little the composition to be better mixed and put one next to another on the wooden board.
7. After the meatballs are ready, turn off the heat, pour the oil (the oil has to cover the chicken meatballs afterwards) and let the oil heat up (the oils starts to sizzle a little). Then, you can add the chicken meatballs, one at a time, with a teaspoon.
8. Therefore, the chicken meatballs have to be covered in oil. Leave them until golden brown, then take out on a plate where you placed a paper towel. This way, the towel will absorb the excess oil.
9. Serve warm or cold, in different combinations. Spaghetti and meatballs, for example, is a great idea.
This chicken meatballs recipe is very simple, easy to do and the result is always amazing: you will have a tasty dish which you can also include on your appetizer platter. For those of you who consider that baked meatballs are healthier, you just need to replace the last steps: line a try with baking paper, place the meatballs at a 3-4 cm distance and leave until golden brown.