One of the most delicious dishes, cauliflower food recipe is made with fresh and healthy ingredients. To cook it, you don’t need too many foods, time or skills in the kitchen. I choose it because it tastes awesome and, besides, cauliflower is very healthy, overall, but also for endometriosis.
Cauliflower contains proteins, calcium, phosphorus, fibres, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K and folate
Raw, but also cooked, cauliflower is rich in so many vitamins and minerals. Of course, each of these comes with health benefits. For example, fibres help the functioning of digestive system, vitamin K lowers inflammation, vitamin C is good for immunity, but also for joints and bones etc.
Some studies have shown that regular consumption of cauliflower, cauliflower food or supplements with substances from cruciferous vegetables might help in prostate conditions and those associated with cardiovascular system
The results of the studies are not yet sufficient to give a clear and official verdict, but the specialists’ interpretations in this context are encouraging. They say that the regular consumption of cruciferous vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage) could have benefits for prostate problems.
Another study from 2018, made by the researchers from University of Western Australia discovered that cruciferous foods can have a positive effect in lowering the risks of stroke and cardiac diseases.
In some cases, cauliflower and some other cruciferous vegetables could give side effects like bloating or gastrointestinal distress
Depending on your own particularities, cauliflower is well tolerated or less tolerated. When the detox paths of your body do not function properly, it is possible to deal with bloating or gastrointestinal issues.
Yet, in moderate consumption, from food, these cases are rare. Some problems might appear when taking supplements with cruciferous and that’s why then it is better to seek for a medical advice.
Cauliflower food recipe – what ingredients do you need and how to prepare this tasty, healthy dish?
½ red bell pepper
½ yellow bell peper
½ small squash/zucchini
1 small onion
1 bunch of parsley
1. Put in a pot, on the heat, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the finely chopped onion, half carrot grated, half carrot cut into small cubes or rounds and the bell peppers cut into small cubes. Leave to boil for 10-15 minutes. If it is necessary, you can add here a little bit of warm water too.
2. Then, peel and finely chop 2-3 tomatoes and add them in the above composition.
3. Meanwhile, wash the cauliflower and put it in a pot with water to cover. Add salt also. Leave to boil for about 10 minutes.
4. Take the cauliflower out, cut into small florets and add those in the vegetables mix. Over this mixture, if it is necessary, you can also add a little bit more water and a small cup of tomato sauce. Let it boil for 10 more minutes.
5. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the cauliflower food.
Delicious and healthy, this cauliflower food can be cooked all year round, using either frozen cauliflower, or fresh cauliflower, especially in the summer or autumn when we can find it in the markets. Cauliflower food recipe is much better with local, fresh ingredients.
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!