Even if you are gluten free, this does not mean you cannot eat pasta. You can choose gluten free pasta, rice pasta and buckwheat pasta being two of the options. Of course, in what combination you are eating them is also very important and for this, read below our gluten free buckwheat pasta with tuna and tomato sauce recipe.
Buckwheat pasta, with tuna and tomato sauce - what ingredients do you need?
½ package of buckwheat pasta
1 tuna can
2-3 cups tomato sauce (bio, no gluten and no sugar – if you don’t find it like that you can prepare the sauce by yourself, using 4 tomato, the method below)
olive oil (optional)
1. Put on the heat, to boil, a pot with 1 litre water and ½ teaspoon of salt. When it starts boiling, add the pasta.
2. Leave approximately 20 minutes and, when the pasta is done (but not very very soft), turn off the heat.
3. Then, prepare in a pan the tomato sauce: add 2-3 cups of tomato sauce, salt, pepper, basil and 1 can of tuna, well drained. If you can’t find a bio tomato sauce, without sugar and gluten, prepare it at home: peel 4 tomatoes, finely chopped, put them in a pot with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and leave it to boil 10 minute. Use this composition instead of tomato sauce, above, and then of course, add the other ingredients: the condiments and the tuna.
4. Mix it and leave to boil for about 5 minutes.
5. When they are ready, mix in a bowl the pasta well drained and the sauce and tuna composition.
6. Mix again, add salt and pepper if it is necessary and fresh parsley, finely chopped.
7. Serve by itself or together with two pouched eggs like we did. You can find here the pouched egg recipe.
For this recipe you can also use rice pasta, although buckwheat pasta is more consistent and tastier. When you buy the tuna can, make sure it does not have gluten or soy. It would be preferable to opt for tuna in olive oil, but this is just a recommendation.