Many of those who eat fish regularly prefer trout. It is one of the healthiest and tastiest fishes, being perfect for a lot of different recipes, from fish balls and soups to grilled or oven baked dishes.
Trout is rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins and Omega 3
Specialists recommend 2-3 serving of fish a day and at least one could be a trout dish. Even if fried fish is delicious, grilled or baked trout it’s better for our health. Among these, oven baked trout recipes are easier and far tastier.
Baked trout recipe – what ingredients do you need?
To prepare baked trout recipe, the dish we recommend today, you don’t need a lot of ingredients. Yet, make sure you have fresh, organic ingredients and you buy fish from a local fishery. It is always tastier this way than that from supermarkets.
1 big trout
1 small celery root cut into rounds
1 potato cut into rounds
½ red bell pepper
½ carrot cut into rounds
fresh chopped parsley
1. Wash the fish very well, including inside the gills. If you want, you can take these out. If the fish is not already cleaned, also clean inside. Wash it again with cold water.
2. Salt it very well with 1 teaspoon of salt, on one side and another.
3. Take a yena tray and grease it with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Then, place one round of celery root, one round of potato, another one of celery root and so on till you have a “bed” of celery and potatoes. On this layer, place the trout.
4. Pour in approximately 200 ml of water and put in the oven, only with these ingredients, for about 30 minutes.
5. During these half of an hour, peel the 3 tomatoes, cut them into slices and cooked them in a small pot with a little bit of olive oil, ½ red bell pepper finely chopped and some carrot slices. Leave them to cook together for about 10 minutes.
6. Afterwards, pour this mixture over the fish from oven (do this after those 30 minutes we mentioned above). If it is necessary, add in the yena tray a little bit more water.
7. Leave them all to cook for about 8-10 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste and freshly chopped parsley.
8. You can serve this delicious recipe of baked trout recipe with polenta. This is a great replacer for bread. You can find the recipe here.
Baked trout recipe – a versatile recipe that goes perfect both with wine wines and with red ones
In terms of wines you could associate this baked trout recipe, the options are open. It would be a great fit for white, full-bodied wines. At the same time, as trout is a versatile fish, this dish could be perfect also with red, aromatic, but not so intense wines.
Therefore, enjoy this baked trout recipe with a Chardonnay, White Rioja or Meursalt. From “red wines”, you could choose, depending on your preferences, a Pinot Noir, a Valpolicella or a Beaujolais.
Any donation helps us keep writing! Support The Healthy Journal!
Our baked trout recipe is simple, fast and very tasty. Cook it for a pleasant family night or when friends come to visit.